National Orthodontic Health Month Marketing Ideas
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, when you work in Orthodontics! There is an entire month dedicated to raising awareness about orthodontic treatment and healthy smiles. The best part is it happens at the start of the fourth quarter, a time when many orthodontic practices see a dip in new patients and production – if we fail to participate in generating awareness we truly are doing a disservice to our profession.
This month is a great way to educate and inform the community on the benefits of seeking treatment with an orthodontic practice. Additionally, your office can use this month to educate your patients on ways they can maintain excellent oral hygiene during treatment.
As an orthodontic consultant who focuses on marketing it truly is my passion to equip practices with the tools they need to succeed. So for National Orthodontic Health Month, we want to share some free tools that you can use to generate engagement in your practice and on social media:
- Facebook and Instagram Live/Video
- Engage the community, staff and/or patients to create videos or go live and share information
- The videos should be brief and can cover various topics throughout the month.
- Social Media Graphics
- We have many graphics that you can use to share. Video is more engaging but a graphic is better than nothing!
- Insta Stories
- Utilize the graphics we created to do a series of Instastories. We recommend saving and highlighting the stories so patients can view them at any time.
- Ideas and topics to share during National Orthodontic Health Month
- Orthodontic Facts – stats about patients, products and services, becoming an orthodontist, etc.
- Orthodontic Health topics – early treatment options, what to look for, things to consider before selecting a provider for tooth movement, retention, growth and development, oral hygiene, etc.
- Technology – It may seem like old news to us but sharing about digital scanning, 3D printing, low dose radiation from digital x-rays is all valuable information to patients
- Fun topics – Do a quiz or a poll on braces friendly foods to eat and substitutions for foods to avoid, explain heat activated wires and how cold foods may provide temporary relief, highlight fun activities that occur in your practice
All of us in the wonderful industry of orthodontics should flood social media with excellent information and content throughout the month of October!
If you would like access to a brief webinar where I elaborate on these topics, or any of our graphics please email me directly at jaclyn@WhiddonGroup.com